Hey everyone, progress is still going slowly but surely, looking back at my initial blockouts things have changed a bit.
The minimap and the auto mapping are working well. I added on screen movement buttons but I'm not sure if they’re really necessary so it'll probably be optional. The UI is getting there but isn't complete, I want to replace some icons and perhaps make it less boring looking.
I’m going to continue working on enemies and items next.

Looks great!
ReplyDeleteForward-right and forward-left arrows - so you can move diagonally?
In my opinion, arrows on HUD aren't necessary. Unless they are clickable and show possible moves. Even so, transparent arrows (like alpha 0.2, slightly larger, clickable, optional) on screen edges would be better than all movement elements together in one corner.
Also, for dungeon crawler, would be awesome if there was line-of-sight (like +2-3 cells, faded) on minimap.
Path on minimap (last 2-4 moves or more) would be nice too, but isn't necessary, just for speedrunning purpose. (Speedrunning LL is REALLY enjoyable, btw).
Will POI (like, i dunno, ~enter/~exit, ~doors, ~chests, ~fountains, ~whatever) be shown on minimap?
Will it be possible to see that cute girl with her clothes state in full height by pressing ~inventory | ~menu | ~character button?
You've probably mentioned this already, but will every floor be random generated? Does this include random traps on random tiles (not sure if you've mentioned any traps, just asking)?
Will be there exploration rewards? (like in LL or ~smth like 70% +1 stat, 80% +2, 90% +3, 100% +smth)?
Will be there combat or non-combat rewards? (like 0 dmg received on the floor: +smth; killed/whatevered X enemies: +smth, found exit in less-than-X-turns: +smth)?
If you care, achievments/gameplay-statistics is a VERY good way to motivate play the game again after fully completing it.
If there will be a hard mode, what exactly are you going to make more difficult?
Will there be a demo at some point?
That's probably a silly question, but will be there a youtube-friendly version, like ~censored or separate non-lewd content?
The reason is, just like LL, this game will be awesome for its gameplay mechanics, not just lewd content; so youtube, twitch or other video-hosting platforms wouldn't be able to strike the vids with this game.
Obviously, those are just my suggestions, not necessary to implement, just writing my ~wishes~ for LL.
Anyway, screenshot looks very promising, loving this game already!
Cheers!
The arrows are clickable and the forward-right and forward-left buttons are for turning, but as you said those buttons will likely just be an optional setting for people that want to play with the mouse.
DeleteThe minimap reveals itself in chunks instead of tile by tile, and like in some roguelike/mystery dungeon games tiles you have revealed will essentially always be visible to you on the minimap so you can refer to it for enemy positions/traps/items. Anything of importance will be indicated on the minimap.
You can probably tell that I'm still figuring out how I want the heroine presented, at the moment I'm leaning more towards using more of those CG cut-ins like LL had to show her off. Her sprite will change (clothing being stripped) but due to the faster gameplay of this project it won't be the focus. The occasional CG cut-in will be more manageable.
Yes every floor is randomly generated from pre-made rooms and layouts(there will be lots). The contents of each floor as well. The only predetermined stuff will be when bosses appear.
For the rewards related stuff I'm still figuring that out, but I definitely understand the appeal. Ideally it would be based on character progression, but given the roguelike nature of this I have to be careful with that. This is actually where most of my focus is right now.
Not sure about a hard mode, a ton of people thought LL was too hard so I'd have to put in a lot of time trying to balance it, we'll see.
I definitely want to release a demo, I got lots of good feedback on LL that way but I probably won't release as many as I did before. It just caused too much confusion when the complete game came out and was stressful for me to deal with (maybe too many people are familiar with the subscription model these games typically use?). I essentially gave away about half of that game during development so maybe that contributed as well.
I do want to make a non-lewd version, but I don't want it to feel like a completely different game. Part of me wishes I could go back and change LL to use a patch of some sort but at least I learned from that. For this game I'm thinking it'll have the option to turn that content on/off, as well as maybe a patch .
Hope I answered everything, and thanks for the comment!
Hey man, it's really good to see that you're making another game.
ReplyDeleteI really like the main character's art style and outfit! Pantyhose makes any outfit 1000x sexier. On that note, will we be seeing H with things like clothing destruction? I know LL didn't really have much of it (you had to be 100% naked for H, which was a shame since I loved that one outfit with the spats), but will we see some stuff with the main character getting H with some torn pantyhose?
Also, will we be seeing some voluntary H actions made by the main character that go beyond just flirting/teasing enemies? That was another thing I (and I'm sure others) wished LL had.
Hey!
DeleteClothing destruction is something I really want to do so I'm going to try and have it in this game. I even want to add the progression in the CGs.
For voluntary actions I'm not so sure yet since I'm still considering the gameplay implications. I'll know for sure the further in development. One day I'd like to make a game focused on voluntary actions though.
If this game is anywhere similar to LL, maybe there ought to be an option to surrender and allow the H to continue for the rest of an encounter as opposed to resisting, so as to allow a chance of escape (or preventing a game over) when the protagonist is losing against a stronger enemy. If I recall correctly, LL had some flat XP losses as well as the potential for item theft if the protagonist tried to escape. Maybe having an option where the protagonist just embraces the situation can help mitigate these sort of losses, and allow for a wider variety of initial non-con into consensual H?
DeleteI do acknowledge that a lot of games fall pretty flat when it's 100% about aggressive H from a fem protag. I think LL did an alright job of not going full slut (well, except for the endgame) and getting rewarded for it, though. If anything, it's something the player ought to be punished for using.
Just some thoughts.
I have some ideas for the loss state. Due to this being a roguelike that makes you start from the beginning upon losing (there are some aspects that carry forward but I'm still working on that), the way it is now the protagonist retreats when she's defeated. A surrender option could work and seems like a good way to add voluntary H if you feel your current run is hopeless, so I may be able to play with that.
DeleteNothing concrete yet, but I think there are a few things to work with.
Do you have a patreon page or something similar?
ReplyDeleteI don't. This blog, my twitter (https://twitter.com/mminit_dev) and itch.io profile are all the pages I have at the moment.
Deletelooking for programmers/testers? if you are i'd be interested.
ReplyDeleteNot at the moment, but thanks.
Deleteglad you're still going
ReplyDeleteHope you're still at it! Was sad to see no new screenshot saturday updates on your twitter.
ReplyDeleteI've messaged him through discord, he's still working hard at it. He'll probably have something to show everyone soon.
Delete@Hammerlord, does he have a public Discord, or do you know him privately?
DeleteLewdest Labyrinth has a public discord, though it's pretty inactive right now until mminit releases a public demo for this next game so we have something to talk about. I don't really know where the link to join is, though. It's been a while since it was posted. I also just message him directly because we're friends.
DeleteWhere's the lust stat in the UI? I really liked the lust mechanic in LL, hope it will be present in this game too in some form.
ReplyDeleteI plan on having something similar, keep in mind the UI isn't final and I'm changing stuff still. Sorry about the late response.
DeleteYes, I see there's a new pink bar in the latest status update. Cool.
Delete> Sorry about the late response.
No worries haha