I've been working on creating the dungeon assets I'll need for the next game, all but 1 are pretty much blocked out (in greyscale for now) so after that I can move on to things like the UI and fleshing out the gameplay loop. It's kind of tricky getting various pieces to work together with random generation, but I'm learning a lot. I wanted to go for a more hand drawn/comic/graphic novel look, so let's see if I can pull it off.
Basic path finding for enemies is working, and even though this game won't have traditional animations I've repurposed an animation tool I was building to help with the layering of equipment that the player character will use.

Really cool aesthetic for the dungeons, and the character is looking pretty cute aswell, looks like a genuine adventurer if not an archeologist-type.
ReplyDeleteDo you mean actual cosmetic changes with "layering of equipment" or just different weapons and items?
Also I feel like some form of ankle-boots would fit her design best.
Thanks, she will equip all sorts of items. I don't think her outfit will change but the stuff you can equip will be visible on her. For her outfit I want to focus more on clothing damage.
DeleteGotta say thats some pretty clean drawing. How long have you been at it? Didn't you start with LL? Because if thats the case thats pretty impressive progress
ReplyDeleteThank you. If I remember right I started sometime in 2015, so a little before LL. It's something I had to pick up in order to make my own games.
DeleteI loved your last game and have been hoping to see you do more.
ReplyDeleteWill probably end up buying this one, not gonna lie.
Glad you liked it, and I appreciate the support. I'm still plugging away at this new one.
DeleteHow often would you suggest I should check back for updates?
DeleteHmm, from how I've been making posts so far probably once a month give or take. I'm still doing a lot of code related stuff so there isn't much visual content to post yet. I'm busy with non-gamedev related things as well. Hopefully when I have more time updates will be more frequent.
DeleteYou can check my twitter account too: https://twitter.com/mminit_dev
Alright, will do.
DeleteI'd offer some of my art hobby time but I'm not sure that would help since you seem concerned about consistency and self-improvement. Best of luck!