Wednesday, April 10, 2019
HUD
Here's a WIP for the HUD with a placeholder character, the idea is that the things you encounter on each map's tiles will appear for the player to interact with. The empty tiles on the map will have randomized stuff on them so that each playthrough will be different (hopefully). I'll post more detail on gameplay once it's more complete.
I'm working on an animation system, much of the editor for it is done and I'm basically just seeing if I can pull it off. If they're decent enough I hope to use it, if not I'll just go with a style similar to the previous game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog took a while for me to find lol, I thought the tumblr was nuked so I didn't think to check there.
ReplyDeleteIs this the rogue-lite you were talking about on twitter or just a side-project?
I was a huge fan of Lewdest Labyrinth and I think a roguelite would be a perfect fit for a spiritual successor and probably also close to my dream porn-game lol. Not to be intrusive, but I think it would translate really well and I would love to shoot some gameplay/system-suggestions, provided you're open to them and the production-process is still early enough
Hey!
DeleteThis was a different project I was experimenting with, at the moment I'm creating an additional prototype for a roguelite dungeon crawler that I haven't shown yet. I don't mind anons sharing ideas, but can't say for sure if I'll use them.
I'll probably still use the tumblr, it's just that everything I post there will need to be sfw. twitter is where I'll post smaller updates when the time comes.
Guess I'll have to check all three sites every now and then lol.
DeleteAre you already set on what the gameplay will be like? I always associate "roguelite dungeon crawler" with "mystery dungeon"-type games so thats what I've been assuming. I feel like LL's mechanics would transition really well into that type of game, the way I'm picturing it you could almost copy-paste the game's interface and it'd work.
And you talking about a "rogue-lite" makes me think of something like rogue legacy, where the game actually EXPECTS you to die/lose and built on those losses. Is that what you're going for? Because I think thats a perfect fit for a porn-game and a really underused idea imo
Anyways I know I'm not the armchair dev here,I just want to throw some ideas and see what sticks
Kind of, you're right that I will be basing it on the mystery dungeon type of game but in first person. And yes, it will expect the player to lose/restart and grow stronger each time.
DeleteHmm, I wonder if first person will work well with having to fight multiple enemies and keeping a good overview of a big generated room, granted I guess thats how something like Grimrock works and I have yet to play it. Either way "mystery dungeon" and "rogue-lite progression" is all I wanted to hear, looking forward to what you come up with!
Delete